Friday, June 11, 2010

Alaska...I have arrived



Well. Ugh. I never thought I would actually hear myself say this but I AM READY TO WORK!! I am having so much fun on vacation...for real. But I have accomplished zero in the sense of well...accomplishment, therefore, it is time I get off my hind end and work. I left Jessica on Thursday and arrived in Ketchikan that afternoon...immediately I missed the ferry across to the main island. However, after a thirty minute wait (spent text messaging like a crazy woman) I finally jumped on the ferry and crawled across the water and met up with my cousin Tony. Today I played with Melissa (check out www.thosealaskangirls.blogspot.com) and she taught me how to make hammered jewelry (not sure if that is the correct technical term but that is what I call it) and then we explored the "city" by foot with her two boys. I just loved them! I know if Kenzie was there she would have offered them a cute pen in attempts to have them sit on her lap. They were just ADORABLE! Saw my old babysitter (who hasn't aged a day since she was 20...42 years ago). Tomorrow Melissa and I are doing a photo shoot and I get to model some of their products for them! I am so excited for many many reasons. I just love their stuff so it will be fun to wear it! Plus the pics will be a great souvenier from my time spent in AK. I am so happy to be here. Oh and I wore my bright yellow rainboots today. As soon as my cousin found out he was embarrassed because one of his friends/coworkers mentioned "this girl with bright yellow rainboots" walking around town today. So now he gets to go to work on Monday and explain that "that girl" was actually his cousin. I don't see a problem here :)

Well I am off to bed. Big day ahead of me tomorrow...I love and miss everybody sooo much! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. "Do you want to come see my cool pen":) haha sounds like you're having fun! XOOX

    ReplyDelete