Friday, June 4, 2010

Will somebody please feed Daisy?

Daisy is the mule I was fortunate enough to ride yesterday. I just loved her. Turns out riding a mule is pretty much the exact experience as riding a horse. Who knew? Not sure what I was expecting but half way through the seven mile excursion through the luscious forests of Washington, it just hit me that really Daisy was just like a horse with EXTREMELY long ears. Ha! I am sore. Daisy just wanted to eat the entire ride so basically this is what happened for just about 2 1/2 hours: Daisy would grab a branch with her mouth and pull it along with her until it would snap back and come flying at my face full force so then I would squeal and duck which would excite Daisy and she would jump forward to get away from the racket I was making on top of her. Once I would find my balance she would be back at it with another branch. It was fun though! And I have to say it was nice to spend some time with Mary and do some bonding. After the ride, I was clearly exhausted so once we got back to the house I took a 2 hour nap. I must be getting old. Although, Denny and Mary were quick to point out that they DID NOT need a nap. LOL.

Upon my awakening, Denny told me we were going for another ride and "Uh no." just vomited out of my mouth. I just didn't have it in me to do another mule ride. Mary informed me he was talking about the Mustang. My dad has a '66 Mustang which I la la la love!! I have always had a soft spot in my heart this vintage beauty and he let me drive it!! Oh I just felt like a movie star and loved every minute of it.

Finally got my running shoes from UPS yesterday so after all my excitement I was able to go for a run. I'm sure the neighborhood is thinking "finally she is done wearing those bright yellow boots!" Its just not as fun when I can't jump in puddles though.

Not sure what is on the plate for today. Hope everybody is doing great! Love and miss you all! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment