Wednesday, July 21, 2010


So I wrote this blog about 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to get online with my laptop to post it but now I can! So here I go...Woaha. I have not blogged in ages and for this I am so very sorry. Apparently when the lodge advised me that the internet would be spotty they were in fact telling the absolute truth. Who knew…because of this, nearly a week or more passes between each World Wide Web session I am able to enjoy. Today I used the office computer to check my email and dabble in facebook for a minute. I would like to say that not much exciting business has been happening but in fact it is quite the opposite. Work is keeping me on my toes each and every day. I discovered (the hard way) that I will not be enjoying a “day off” this entire summer. The good news is that I do get a nice lengthy break in the middle of the day. On these breaks I have been doing a plethora of adventures ranging from kayaking, fishing, hiking, napping, etc. As hard as this work is, I just absolutely love it and cannot wait to come back next year! Just a quick example of my day: awaken between 4-5 am depending on my shift. Head down to the kitchen and prepare for breakfast. Serve breakfast. Eat breakfast. Clean dining room and set up for formal dining. Clean the cottage (That is my assignment. This is appropriate because my dad built it.) Help with whatever chores remain for other girls. Lunch…which starts whenever we are done, normally around 11…then back to work between 3:30-5:30 again depending on my shift. Serve 5 star four course dinner…clean dining room and do dishes. Set up for breakfast. Work lounge duty if it is my night. Go to bed. Do it all over again the next day. The only variation is turn over days which I may compare to the end of the world. Those are the hectic days when guests leave and arrive at the same time. Nearly everything goes wrong and people get crabby. I have yet to catch the BIG ONE. One of my captains (we each have our own…I actually have two) said he would take me out to the best spots one night and I would catch something worth bragging about. I am super excited for this opportunity. Just waiting for the right night when the salmon are jumping and conditions are just right. In other news, I believe I am single. The mister and I have rarely talked these last few weeks and so I told him “I can’t do this anymore”. I offered him the opportunity to talk about it and his lack of response indicates a decline therefore my relationship status is once again single. Normally I would be heartbroken, especially because I have wanted to be with this kid for 7 years but life goes on. Besides, I am on an Alaskan adventure and getting paid for it! My life rocks! This situation also guarantees me the opportunity to travel to BYU football games with Kenzie and find new sweet Mormon boys. Nothing about that disappoints me. Plus he mentioned that all his ex’s ended up engaged to the next person they dated after him…that is only good news for me! Ha! What else can I talk about?? Oh sometimes I have soooo much energy at night that I go run circles around the dock. I often am able to gather a crowd of people. They normally point and ask “what is that girl doing?!?” Sometimes they even wander down to the dock and that is especially embarrassing for me because I just have to run by them a million times and I don’t know if I should talk to them or just keep running…or if my butt is jiggling and they are laughing?!? I run probably close to 1000 stairs throughout the day while working so that is keeping me thin…which is important because I have adopted a strict “at least one cookie a day” policy since I have been here.
Well I should probably get to work…gotta go serve dinner. I love and miss everybody so much it hurts! I cannot wait to get back to Montana and catch up. If anybody wants to send me some Kashi cereal with the fiber twigs and protein puffs I would love you forever! xoxo

So there you go! Now that I can get online in my bunk house (just started getting service yesterday!!) I will blog more regularly. Love every body!

2 comments: