Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time.



And then there was one. Literally.

Maybe I should start at the beginning. It appears there has been a lapse in blogging...a lapse that has left plenty of opportunity for life to happen. It has. Summary? You got it. From the beginning:

1. Came back from Alaska. Worked hard. Made money. Loved life.
2. Started last year of school.Pure misery/excitement.
3. Fell in love. Got engaged.
4. Planned wedding. Got married.
5. Graduated college with nursing degree. Got first job. Passed boards first try.
6. Worked. Wifed.
7. Got annulment.
8. Starting over.

Thank goodness I have developed great friendships because I have needed them. Never in my entire life have I ever felt so lonely, scared, betrayed...nothing like a marriage ending to find out who really likes you. I can't walk away without taking some of the blame though. This experience has taught me so much about myself and really opened my eys. I am not perfect. I push people away when I need them the most. I hold a grudge.

So, that is the year in review. The deal is, as hard as it has been, the end is near and I can feel happiness creeping in. A new year is staring in 20 days. A new life. A new age. I have a great job. I have amazing friends. I have a family that has taken me in as their own. Max, my 8 year old roommate, just told me I can not be the most well behaved kid in the house because I am a teenager. I hugged him.

My new family is Jewish. Yesterday we got a Christmas tree...not exactly a traditional Jewish practice. Also not a typical Christmas tree. Yesterday us girls went to Target where I happened upon a stuffed Yoda, positionally prime as tree topper. Its perfect! So the story of the tree: We went out to Rocky Creek Farms. This is a quaint little farm where you can walk around, pick your tree, and actually saw it down yourself! We picked the biggest tree. By biggest I mean, this morning, if there had been a porcupine, couple squirrels, mice, birds, etc, running around the house, I would have not been surprised. Along with Yoda, the tree is decorated with the usual Chanukah accoutrements. Its lovely!





Ciao!

3 comments: