Monday, May 17, 2010

Four more sleeps



I leave in four sleeps. I am so super excited but then when I start thinking about it I realize that I am leaving my family, my friends, my puppy, and basically life as I know it. I'm pretty sure I'm all ready to go though. All I need to do is put my scriptures in my carry on, load up my lap top, and decide what to wear for my first flight. Every time I think about leaving I am just ready to burst with happiness but then today it really hit me hard and now I also get so teary eyed. I can honestly say that I do in fact have the worlds best friends and I will miss them with everything I have. I normally do not go a day without seeing Kenzie and I am not sure how I will handle this. There will obviously be lengthy conversations and multiple text messaging sessions and I really hope that will suffice and keep us happy. This last weekend Kiss and I went to the park and laid out in the sun doing our best to absorb as much Vitamin D as we could. We listened to music and read and just loved every minute together. We also finished some branding this weekend...well they finished. I just helped round up the cattle in the morning then I had to sneak away to work. Not before I test drove a SUV with my dad though! So on Friday, Kenzie and I were walking downtown and I showed her this Ford Escape I like. She convinced to test drive it...and as of Monday (today) at noon it belonged to me!! My sister just got home last night for the entire summer and of course we get to have about an hour a night together. We haven't been spending much time together the last few months so it has been nice to see her and re bond with each other. As much as I get frustrated with her, I still love her, and will miss her. My parents have been so supportive of every decision of mine lately and it is getting harder to leave them as well. I was doing some math and it a been years...as in probably 28 years since I have gone three months without seeing my parents. This should be interesting. I am completely expecting tears..often tears while in Alaska. Mom and I went for a hike tonight in or backyard and I found a trail I never knew existed! I always just went straight up the hill behind the house and up to the meadow above that. Turns out there is another trail going the other direction and it has the most amazing views! I might have to do that hike the next three days as work out.
I drained my battery on the digital camera taking so many pictures. I just loved it! Who woulda guessed that I could live/be a part of this house for nearly 20 years and not know about this trail! Well, I just want all my friends and family to know that I love them with all my heart and I will miss every body soooo much. I already feel excitedt to get home so I can see everybody. Thank goodness for blogs, social networking, email, and text messages to get me through the next three months. XOXO all my besties!!

2 comments:

  1. awwwwww i just <3 your blog!!!! i'm so sad you're leaving but can't help to be excited too!!! BIllings here we come! Feeling like a million bucks today! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!I'm so happy you aren't sick anymore! Wait why haven't you texted me back?!? Did you leave your phone at the white house so it would be like Christmas? I am gonna go get dressed right now and just drive out to see you <3

    ReplyDelete