Saturday, March 20, 2010

Last Day of vacation

Today was my last day of freedom. I am so sad. I spent the day with my Auntie Pam and cousin Tony. We had a beautiful brunch and then spent the day at the zoo. It only took an hour to find parking once we got there. Yeah. I am not joking. But once we got in it was really pretty fun! I was just really looking forward to seeing the usual suspects like the giraffe, gorilla, elephant...but then there were a couple I needed to see on top of that because I wanted to get pictures for my friends who lalalove those animals. I rarely get to see Tony and it just broke my heart when we had to say goodbye. The good news is that he is moving to Ketchikan this week so when I am up there this summer I can see him.

This trip has been so fantastic for me. I can't even explain what wonderfulness it has brought to my life but I have been reunited with three very important people: Denny (my birth father), Jessica (my old best friend), and Tony (my cousin). I had the opportunity to be independent and learned how to improvise when plans don't go just the way I want them too. As fun as this trip has been...I have had some disappointments as well. Just because somebody is on vacation, it doesn't mean that real life stops. And although the best thing in life to hold on to is each other, that doesn't always happen. However, in the end, it is the particular nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening...which is why I did my best to not be bothered and not let real life bring me down.

After the day with my family, my genius mind remembered that my aunt would be driving up to Montana next weekend to visit so I gave her a couple bags of clothes and shoes to put in her trunk so that I wouldn't have to have any extra baggage for my flight home. It was just such a swell idea! Tonight is pizza and movies. I am practically packed and ready to hit the airport bright and early. Tomorrow is my meeting with the missionary in Great Falls for my final interview before baptism. I am so excited! I'm just nervous for one reason...I sent most of my jeans back with my aunt and all my dresses cause I needed a lighter suitcase which means I don't have anything classy for the meeting. Oops.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment