Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Seattle Day 1

Rule number 1: Do not, under any circumstance, forget anything, I repeat anything, big or small e.g. cell phone charger, in the vehicle. Ever. Or at least when you are staying at my friend Jessica's house in Seattle. I seriously am staying at the BEST vacation spot ever! Her house is like...three feet from the water! I have pictures which I will put up eventually but it may be when I get home. The trick to this house is this: because the tram is broken we have to walk down a treacherous hill to get to the house. And by treacherous hill I don't mean a nice little jot. No. I mean straight up and down with the occasional wooden step. So bad in fact that I left my suitcase in the vehicle! There was no way I would be getting that compact sized car suitcase down the side of this mountain without injury. The kicker is this...what does down must go up. I forgot my cellphone charger in the suitcase last night and since it is the only means of communication I have on this trip, I need it charged. This morning I had to walk up that hill and get it. I must have forgotten to breath the entire time because when I got to the top I thought I was near death. I figure I will just do that climb a couple times a day and that should make up for all the dessert and good food I am enjoying on vacation.

Yesterday was day 1 of vacation and I loved it!! I met up with Denny who is my biological father and it was just a grand time. It felt so good to catch up with him and visit. I am so so glad I got to do that. I really hope we stay in touch. After our visit, I went and experienced the best massage! Sixty minutes of perfect pressure! Lalalaloved it! Then Jessica and I went and did some shopping. Have I told you how much I love Macy's? I love Macy's. I don't love small town Montana Macy's. I love big city Macy's. We ate dinner at this place called "The Triple Door" and it was delicious! Plus we had dessert and the adorable waiter brought it out complete with lit candle and "happy birthday" written on the plate.

Today I am going to conquer the market and more of downtown Seattle. Tonight is dinner at the Space Needle. I am loving this vacation! Keep tuned for more exciting adventure details.

No comments:

Post a Comment