Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just another perfect day (or week)

So last Sunday was the big day...and by big day I mean my BAPTISM!! It was the most fantastic day of my life EVER! I had expected only the best but I was surprised beyond belief when everything was just way more perfect than I had anticipated. Even seven days later, I still think about my testimony and I get teary eyed. I am generally a happy person but now I am even more cheery! Like, this week, I broke a tooth eating OATMEAL! Who the heck breaks a stinkin' tooth eating oatmeal?!? I do. But in the end I couldn't even consider being mad (no dental insurance, real job, money, etc.) because I was just so incredibly greatful that I was so fortunate to have a dentist that could fix my tooth! I feel like a year ago I might have had an actual nervous breakdown because yeah, it is sort of a big deal. I ended up actually laughing about it minutes after it happened because I felt silly for even crying. Not sure why I even cried...might have had something to do with the fact that I had been talked out of Accidental Dental insurance by the Aflac man just days earlier because my teeth were in perfect condition and have only had maybe 4 cavities my entire 28 years of life. Anyhow, the point I am trying to make is this: I have been blessed in so many ways. The Heavenly Father, Holy Ghost, the gospel and family and friends, my faith and unconditional happiness. I could not imagine life any other way at this point. I am so lucky. I would not take life any other way.

Today is Easter and I spent the entire weekend with the Allen's who are basically my second family. I can not get enough of these folks! Every minute is a laugh with them. Kenz, Haeli and I went on an expedition around the farm via foot today and walked at least 3 miles. Good talk, good laughs and good fun with my girls always brings a smile to my face. I also consumed probably 3 pounds of sugar. Not mad.

Well, ladies and gentleman...I will leave you with this...may the heavenly father rain his blessing upon you and may you feel the joy that I do. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment