Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sarah "Martha Stewart" Downey



Ooh oOh! So my mother apparently found a sale on strawberries at the local Albertsons which resulted in our house gaining approximently 10 pounds of the juicy, delicious red fruit. Tonight I decided that I wanted Strawberry Shortcakes. I searched the house high and low and could not find any Bisquick so I had to (drummmmrolll) make them from scratch! And they were FaBuLoUs! Oh goodness I was in heaven! I have never made those sweet biscuits from scratch before so this made me feel like little Sarah Jane homemaker. Everybody loved them...including my sister who declared earlier that she "was NOT going to eat any strawberry shortcake tonight." I am always up for a challenge and as usual, I proved her wrong! So now I am sitting on the couch, digesting...wishing I hadn't eaten so much.

I found this feature on my camera called "Color Accent" when we were in Missoula and tonight I decided to play around with it for a bit. Jamie came to my baptism and brought me these beautiful blue daises. Two weeks later they are still alive and I decided to play with my camera and the flowers. Bugatti my mini schnauzer decided to help out a bit and actually was pretty dang photogenic. Have I mentioned I love that little stinker!?! I was just telling my mom tonight that I'm so sad that I have to leave her for three months over the summer. Bug is getting a haircut in a week or so and I can not wait! She is so hairy and country girl looking.

Went to the chiropractor today because I had been having some awful neck/back/shoulder pain. At one point he pressed at a spot under my shoulder blade and as he asked "Does this do anything" my entire body sprung up and I practically hit the ceiling. Two ribs out. I have never done that before and still don't know how it happened. What I do know is that I feel a million times better!

Oh love! Just asked my family "where is princess pants?" And my dad immediately knew I was talking about my dog! LoVe! Well American Idol is on so I gotta go. Goodnight blogee loves :)

4 comments:

  1. are you ribs out from doing gymnastics in a hotel room?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I wouldn't be surprised...that was some pretty crazy gymnastics. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome picture! Chase "found" the color accent feature when I first got my camera...and I couldn't get it off, so Christmas '08 pictures are all black and white with accents of green...then he was messing with it again and changed it to accent red...so all of our snow pictures were accented red...luckily it looked cool and they were in Christmas colors! Now I love to use that feature (intentionally), it is so inspiring to take creative shots!

    By the way, I just saw this photo on your facebook the other day and laughed because I had just recently taken a photo of daisies in a mason jar, that is part of a collection of photos that are scheduled to post to my blog in late May...It reminded me about how when you came to visit last time we had all sorts of crazy things in common... Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh like our Marilyn Monroe Milk Mustache photo shoot?!? And our homemade pillows! I just can not wait to see what excitement our visit brings!

    ReplyDelete